Wednesday, December 13, 2006




Well the time has come to finally update this thing! I apologize for not doing that more frequently. I will get better at this for all of you... espicially my kin in OTOWN!
Well as you can see, we had a fun Halloween this year! I was Napoleon Dynamite, Amber was a Cowgirl, and Emma was the cutest little witch in the world!
About 2 weeks before Halloween, I went to Kansas with my Mom and Dad, Justin and his family, Jessica and her boyfriend and Bubba (Jacob).
We had a family reunion on the Ruch side. It is the first one I remember them ever having!
I had a good time! I was able to go to Arrowhead and actually walk in the middle of the stadium! I also go to touch the Chiefs Super Bowl Trophy! (Pictures to come.. they are at home)!
Yeah that was like the second best day of my life... really close to my wedding day! LOL
Anyway, Thanksgiving came and went... again! My favorite holiday! And why? FOOTBALL AND FOOD!

We had the annual "Turkey Bowl" on Thanksgiving morning! It was a blast... I was a in a little better shape this year, so I didn't hurt for a month after! I actually did pretty good and didn't even get that hurt! Just re injured my thumb that I busted Larry's nose with in the 2005 Turkey Bowl.
(Larry... im sorry again for that!)
After that we had Thanksgiving Dinner with my family. We watched Football, ate, and laughed all day long. We then went to Amber's Parents place for pie... Her moms oven broke and she didn't realize it until she went to pull the Turkey out! It said it was on, but did not cook! So her dad fixed it and it was done by the time we got there! So all you that know me, knows what that means... YUP... More Turkey Dinner for Jason! It was way good! Did I mention I love FOOD and FOOTBALL??? Especially at the same time? ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That brings us to now... 12 days tell Christmas... We are excited! This will be our 3rd Christmas in this house... and our first as house Owners! We bought the place in January and have done a lot to the house! I redid the family room, paint, electric, crown moulding etc... It looks perfect... OH WAIT... I still have a butt hole in the wall from Leiter! LOL... Funny story... ask and you will get it... I don't feel like writing it all out! LOL Lets just say we were playing hide 'n go seek! LOL... im telling you... We might be getting older, but we are still kids at heart!
I spent all summer ripping out the Backyard and putting in a new sprinkler system. We now have a Yellow Lab back there ripping up all the new stuff I put in and planted! Go FIGURE! Doesn't bother me as much as the wife, but you know what they say:
When Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

Anyway, back to Christmas... Emma is almost 16 months and love staring at the Christmas Lights... her favorite word is WOW!
We will drive past lights and she will say "WOW" for ever! LOL...
She is all over the place now and we love it! She is sooooooo cute! And no matter what anybody says, I am not tied around her finger! We taught her to say Santa, except she says "Tanta" It is cute!
She loves to read her books and play with her toys. She will seriously get a book and just sit there and read it and look at pictures for 30 mins without even moving! It is sooooo nice!

Amber is still working part time at United Online. She does receptionist work and also is part of the abuse department. Sites that have anything bad in them are taken down by her.
Then the Customer Service Reps get to hear all the crap from people calling in about their sites being down!
Makes me laugh! LOL

Anyway, that was random...

I am still at Verio in Technical Support. I have been here for 2 years on Jan. 3rd. I have been doing Unix Technical Support for them since January. I really enjoy the work! It is fun to learn a bit about computers and websites... makes me feel smart! LOL
I am actually getting ready to start the Police Academy in January. I am very excited! I have always talked about it, but never put it into action. I finally said... Im in! So here I go!
I have 2 buddies I grew up with in the ward that are on the AF Department, a guy from my ward is the sergeant in the Provo Department, and I have references in Orem and Sandy. So between those four I would like to get on one of them.
My top two would be AF and Orem since I know the streets a little better, so we will see.
I just got my POST test back. I needed a 70% to pass and got a 90%, so now I am official!

Well... that is about it for now, I hope to hear from you all shortly! If not, im sure I will see you all on the 29th!

Peace, Love and Chicken Grease!

Jas

1 comment:

Matt and Leticia said...

Congratulations on your test and starting the police academy. That is exciting. I'm glad you updated and I actually checked. Sounds like everything is going well and I love to see pictures of everyone that is so far from us. Can hardly wait until the 29th, I've never met Emma.

-Leticia