Monday, March 19, 2007


Another Random Update:

Hey everyone, just thought I would make an update to this and let you know how things are going with the Police Academy.
The first module ends on April 19th. I have passed all my tests with flying colors to this point. The second module starts on May 7th and goes to September 20th when I graduate.
I had my first physical agility test on March 3rd with Salt Lake Police Department. I passed that and had my 4 hour psychological test this past Saturday. They will let us know this week if we passed or not. If we did pass, we will have an interview with a psychologist. Not sure what is after that, but I know it includes: Polygraph test, oral interviw, board interview, several extensive background checks, and then they will make their picks from there. They are looking to hire 25 of us. There were about 100 left at the test on Saturday. So keep your fingers crossed. If I did get hired, I would have a 4 month school given by SLPD at the department. It would be 7:30am to 4:30pm each day. I would be getting payed though, so it would be nice. I would still finish my academy at SLCC so I can be certified for any Utah department.
This Saturday I have a 4 hour test with American Fork Police Department. Theirs is a little different as I will have 4 different test in one day. They will rank us by points and take the top 10 and decide from there.
I also have a test with Provo on the 27th. I will give you more detail on that later!
So things are moving along pretty well. I am hoping to have a job offer in the next 2 or 3 months. Keep your fingers crossed and I will let you know how it all plays out.
Also, I thought I would put some pictures of the new police cars. Utah is finally catching up and getting a few. They are soooooooo cool!




1 comment:

Chris said...

Too bad that by the time they would trust you enough to let you drive one of those cars, they'll be old and beat up and not as cool. LOL